Entry Level Aircraft Cabinet Maker
Bomhoff Limited is currently looking for an individual who’s ready to take their fabrication/woodworking/shop skills to the next level. As an entry/trainee Aircraft Cabinet Maker, you will transform your current skills into those used to create luxury aircraft furnishings.
The ideal candidate will have a background in fabrication methods and the desire to learn by doing in an environment that values both creativity and exacting standards of quality. While technically quite different from traditional cabinet making, aircraft cabinet making has many elements that a well-rounded craftsperson will quickly grasp.
About Bomhoff Limited
We are a small business focused on the manufacture of exquisite custom aircraft interiors, as well as a multitude of other aerospace components. Bomhoff family companies have been equipping executive aircraft interiors for 70 years. From the early days of the jet age into the 21st century, from piston to 747, Bomhoff products are found on business aircraft all over the world. Bomhoff Limited views all employees as part of our core team and critical for overall organizational success, we therefore believe in doing everything in our capacity to make Bomhoff Limited a place where team members take pride in their work and find their time here an enjoyable opportunity for growth. Join us as we build the next generation of world class aviation interiors.
If you know you can do perform the work described below but do not meet all criteria, you are encouraged to submit an application explaining why you would be an ideal fit for this position.
- Works under the supervision of Senior Fabrication Lead and other Aircraft Fabrication Specialists to build custom aircraft cabinetry, fittings, metal and composite components, and other aerospace products as necessary
- Flexible team player able to quickly change tasks and work on multiple projects
- Schedule flexibility likely required
Required Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years woodworking, metalwork, or other fabrication that results in a high-quality finished product
- Installation of drawer slides and drawer mechanisms, latches, hinges, plating and other hardware
- Use of glue, pins, screws, and other connectors to build components
- Ability to safely operate machinery including woodworking equipment ex: tablesaw, bandsaw,routers and sanders.
- Familiarity with aircraft cabinet finishing and the application of wood veneer, laminates and other surface coverings.
- Ability to read, write and speak basic English
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and work in an environment where frequent movement is required
- Computer literate and able to interpret engineering drawings
- Complies with all safety protocols for equipment/tool use and follows company policies
- Extreme attention to detail and emphasis on exquisite technique
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years working on executive/business jet aircraft interiors
- Working knowledge of basic aircraft systems including cabin layout, attachment techniques, and FAA certification standards
- Familiarity with composite fabrication techniques including the assembly of composite honeycomb panels, composite molding and layup techniques,
- Experience managing a team or leading a project
- Hands-on experience building a product or prototype from the ground up
Employees are offered healthcare, other benefits available. Please include any specific benefit desires or requirements in your application.
Hours and Location:
Employee should be prepared to be on site in Tucson, AZ.
Drug Free Workplace:
Bomhoff Limited is a drug free workplace. After recieving an offer, applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol under the policies defined in our employment agreement.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Bomhoff Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.